Mansfield, Tolland, Massachusetts
The town of Mansfield is located in east central Connecticut, southwest corner of Tolland County. The town covers 44 square miles.
Mansfield was formed from a section of the Town of Windham, CT, and was originally in Windham County.
The town of Mansfield was incorporated in May, 1703.
In 1737, the town was divided into North and South Parishes, and in 1744 a second church was established in the North Parish, over which Rev. Wm. Thorp from Lebanon, was ordained as pastor. There are very few records of the second church in its early days.